Tuesday 15 January 2013

High tide at my local beach

The weather was perfect today, clear blue skies with the sun shinning and quite warm too.




High tide was in today when walking at one of my local beaches with A&A.
I took my camera thinking it would be easy to juggle both camera and dogs (not as easy as I thought it would be!). As usual, loads of sea birds about and large groups of wading birds.


















































Further down the beach, near the marsh area I couldn't help but notice what the tide had brought in... My local beach is usually a very clean, immaculate and litter free, but today was a little bit different...






































Quite shocking to see what is getting dumped into our oceans, it's pretty disgusting. It just shows you there's a lot of people out there who don't care at all, and who do not dispose of their rubbish properly.



When I couldn't see the dogs I knew where they were as I could hear them walking over plastic bottles and washed up crisp packets!



Apart from seeing all the rubbish, it was a great three hours outside in the fresh air. (Also enjoyed by A&A!).


Here's an image I quite like from today:




2 comments:

  1. Hello Eve,
    Very good shots of the coastline. Funny to see the portret of the dog.
    But what a mess is left behind.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marco

    Many thanks for your comments. Most of the mess has now been cleaned up, so looking a lot better!

    Kind regards
    Eve

    ReplyDelete